Thursday, May 13, 2010

Uneventful

Uneventful...that describes life this past week. And you know what? I am lovin' it! I haven't felt this feeling in a long time. I almost forgot what it was like to live life without being consumed by fear, sickness and frustration. For once, I am for the most part relaxed and not worried...well mostly. There will always be a little part of me that is scared.

My skin is healing well. No signs of skin breakdown. I think this last surgery was a success. I will have to live with the flap of skin over my nose for 5 more weeks. But I am getting used to it. I don't like all of the stares, but I just keep reminding myself this is only short term. The plus side..the surgery kind of gave me a face lift on my forehead...no more wrinkles!

Tomorrow is the Relay for Life. I am so excited to take part in this event. It will be an amazing experience especially taking the survivor's lap with my Dad. I will get to hang out with my team members...all of whom are friends that have been a tremendous support to me this past year. They have brought me meals, gifts, words of encouragement and prayers. I feel honored that they would want to take part in this event. (I have to say it one more time...If you wish to support me in my participation in the Relay and American Cancer Society click on the link on the top of my blog.)

Well, I don't have much to say...isn't that great? Things are quiet and I hope they stay that way for quite sometime.

With thanks and blessings to you all,

Sue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! Living the normal day to day-what a blessing! You will have a beautiful day to walk tomorrow with sun on your face and the SON in your heart. You are an inspiration Sue and even though I won't physically be walking with you know that I am walking with you in love and prayer.

Feel the joy of victory tomorrow. You have earned it- and celebrate with God and His love for you.

Blessings,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue! Sorry I haven't been on in a while... but so glad to hear things are uneventful (although this was over a week ago...).

Hope the relay was great. I've been thinking about you a lot as my marathon is only 2 weeks away! You are my inspiration. I haven't been able to train nearly as much as I'd like but I keep thinking about everything you've conquered over the last year + and I know I can do it!

Anyways, love to you and the family!
xoxo
Suzie

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, As this beautiful spring weather FINALLY envelopes us, I anxiously wait to hear how the relay went!!!! My boys and I went for a long walk on the beach at Lake Michigan that day and pretended we were walking with you...you were on my mind that entire day.....here's to "uneventful" days and normalcy in life for you, Jason, and the girls!! God bless..
Kari Karrmann Sides