- Isaiah 40:31 (The Message) "Why would you ever complain, O Jacob, or, whine, Israel, saying "God has lost track of me. He doesn't care what happens to me?" Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening? God doesn't come and go. God lasts. He's creator of what you can't see or imagine. He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath. And he knows everything inside and out. He energizes those who get tired, gives fresh strength to dropouts. But those who WAIT upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles. They run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."
- Waiting upon the Lord means to EXPECT, look for and hope on the Lord.
- We should live like a child with confident expectancy. We should EXPECT God to do great things in our lives.
- If God didn't give me what I wanted, he has something better planned.
- John 10:10 "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest."
- John 9:3 "neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life."
- Make your mind up on what your going to believe what God is going to do and don't get off of it. Be consistent in your believing - this is the key to victory.
- Hope deferred makes the heart sick.
- The promise God gave me WILL manifest itself.
- Negative attitudes don't mix with faith, only hope does.
- Before my life is going to change, my attitude has got to change.
- God is NOT limited. God wants to do more for you than you can imagine.
- Something good is going to happen.
- Psalms 103:3-4 "God forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, God redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion."
- 2 Corinthians 4:7-13 "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. It is written: "I believed, therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also BELIEVE and therefore speak."
- Am I agreeing with Satan by being hopeless or am I agreeing with God by being hopeful?
- You don't always see God coming, but you know when he has been there.
- Exodus 14:13-14 "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord with bring you today...The Lord will fight for you you need only to be still."
The messages these quotes and scriptures have given me is to BELIEVE God will heal me, EXPECT God to do good things and never give up HOPE. It is a battle for me, but I am working really hard to focus on these three things. Like the character on Saturday Night Live, Stuart Smalley, who repeats to himself while looking in the mirror, "I am good enough, I am smart enough, and doggone it, people like me" I need to repeat to myself over and over again these quotes and verses to get it in my head that something good is going to happen! That God came to give me life, not to condemn me! And doggone it, God loves me!
With my new attitude, I am working hard to keep the spirit of Christmas alive in our home. Yes, I will not be as joyful as I could be, but I refuse to let this news put a damper on our celebrations. I will value the time I will get to spend with my family and the time I have before things get hard again.
I anticipate my appointment on Monday with my surgeon will calm some of the anxiety I am having about the surgery. I will learn more about what to expect during and after the surgery. The one thing I want to hear from him, more than anything, is that this will be the last step towards my recovery. That I will be cured and no more treatment will be necessary.
Please continue to pray for wisdom for the doctors, peace before and after the surgery, for healing and for protection of my eye.
With much love and thanks and many blessings to all of you during this holiday season,