Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My New Years Resolution

I heard this song the other day on a commercial and for the first time I listened closely to its message. I couldn't have found a better way to explain how I feel about my future and how I want to live the rest of my life. This is my New Years resolution...my life resolution.

I Hope You Dance
by Lee Ann Womack

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
Dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion, always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
I hope you dance
(Where those years have gone)

(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

Happy New Years everyone. I am hoping for a much better year and counting all of the blessings that 2009 did bring despite this battle with cancer. May you all learn to dance in 2010!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always loved that song Sue!

Neveen said...

That is such an awesome song, and I've always loved it too - but I think in these types of circumstances it is even more beautiful. Happy New Year Sue - may 2010 bring you health and happiness. I was telling someone today that I can't wait for 2009 to end, and his response was as long as God got us through whatever hardships we've faced, then it has been a good year....God has been watching over you and therefore, 2009 has been blessing in itself. Neveen

Anonymous said...

That song is an inspiration to a lot of people, I personally love it. I hope 2010 brings you joy, peace, and health. Stay strong and know that God is there.

Anonymous said...

Sue.....This is one of my favorite songs! Hang in there. Happy New Year to you and your family! Thinking of you and praying for you always
xoxo
Cindy

Anonymous said...

One of my favorites, as well. Never failed to bring me to tears when my daughter was on the way. Hang tough--you WILL WIN.
Praying for you and your family,
Greg

Anonymous said...

My New Years Resolution? To spend more time with my sister!

I love you, Sue!

Cheri

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy New Year Sue, Jason and Girls. We are so excited for this fresh new year like a new blanket of fresh snow.
"I hope you dance" is a great song. My sister framed it for her daughter when she graduated high school. It always reminded me of spreading my wings and flying.
You have been a blessing to so many people Sue. We will never stop praying God's blessings, healing and joy for you. We are not silent on the other end, please know you come to our minds and conversations often and always a magnitude of prayers sent heavenward.
Cindi Stewart & Family

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

Happy New Year!

Much Love,
Jami Helvick

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing inspiration to me. Depsite everyting you have been through and are still going to go through that you can find it in you to encourage all of us. You Sue, are an amazingly strong woman of faith and courage. My prayer for you in 2010 is that you will be inspired from others as much as you have inspired all of us to continue to search for our faith in God and his promises.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Sue, this song came out as we were spending our precious time with our Charlie. I even put it in a family video that a friend made. Every time I hear it, I stop and listen to the words.

I know you'll Dance, sweetie!!! I know you'll DANCE!!!

kathy cowan