Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Still Waiting

Good evening everyone. It is nearly 8PM and they are still at work in the OR. Sue's Dad, sister, and I were having dinner at about 6:30PM when I got the last call. All is going well and they had just started with the microvascular surgery, or reconnecting the harvested veins and starting blood flow. This is a tedious portion of the surgery, as you may probably imagine. This is all so amazing to me.

The report from the suite, at that time, was that they still had a good chunk of time to go. I believe that anything before 10PM would be a great surprise for the team. I can only imagine how long a day it has been for them. I'm pretty much wiped out from sitting in the lounge.

I'll try and update again later tonight when everything is done and we've had a chance to sit down and talk with the surgeons. I appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts for Sue today. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful support system...family, friends, co-workers. You are all awesome!

Jason

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for updating this site Jason. I have been praying throughout the day for the surgeons and for your family. Sue is an amazing person and God has big plans for her. I am trusting Him for her protection during this difficult surgery.
Julie Dahl

Anonymous said...

We're still praying for you guys.

Love,
The Tierneys

Anonymous said...

Jason, we have had sue in our thoughts and prayers all day, please know that we also are praying for you and the girls. Sue is so blessed to have you in her life. Your friendship is a blessing and a gift to our family. God Bless you.
Love Derek, Connie, Bella, and Nick

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jason --

Thanks so much for the updates. We are praying for Sue, the doctors, and your family! I can't imagine what kind of day this has been for all of you. Hope you all can get some rest tonight and I hope to see some more good news in the morning!

Love, Tracy, Jason, Tommy, and Jenna