"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [whose power no foe can withstand]." Psalm (91:1)
I have been spending a lot of time thinking of the things I hope to accomplish when I feel better in the next month or so. Most of these things are very simple, but they sound heavenly to me. Here is my list:
1. Drinking a big Diet Coke with a lime (I normally do not drink soda, but for some reason this sounds so good)
2. Munching on chips and salsa
3. Going to Wildfire with Jason and ordering the Macadamia nut crusted Halibut
4. Going to a movie in public
5. Taking the girls to buy their school supplies and school clothes
6. Eating a footlong corn dog plus more at the State Fair (gotta put some weight back on...what a great place to do it!)
7. Waking up in the morning and feeling great
8. Having a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper
9. Going to church again
10. Going on a family trip before Summer is over
11. Hanging with my girlfriends
12. Taking care of the girls and Jason, being a family again
13. Roasting marshmallows by our fire pit
14. Being free of IV ports and feeding tubes
15. Having a nightstand free from medications
16. Driving - I haven't driven a car in a long time. Too many narcotics.
17. Going to the mall
This list could go on and on.
PS - Yesterday, Mushroom the caterpillar changed into a chrysalis. I was at chemotherapy and missed the transformation. I knew it was about to happen as he was in the J formation in the morning.