1. I now read each and every word of a hallmark card clinging for encouragement and hope. I used to just see who signed it.
2. Nurses who use Lanacane to numb my arm before placing an IV should receive a bonus pay.
3. I can no longer stand the smell of hand sanitizer or saline flushes.
4. I wish I had child like faith...a faith without doubts knowing God will provide and get me through this. Just like a child knows Santa will bring presents on Christmas Eve.
5. My life has more purpose than I thought it did...especially through this battle.
6. I think I have seen just about every rerun of the O.C. and 90210. Time to move on.
7. Back scratches are great stress relievers.
8. I have a special place in my heart for the drug companies who have come up with the drugs for nausea and heartburn! They are lifesavers.
9. I love to listen to the sounds outside...the birds chirping (especially the Robin), the frogs croaking and the kids playing.
10. The little things that used to bother me, just don't bother me anymore. I hope that I can keep this mindset after this is all over.
11. The best words of encouragement I received today was a verse in Isaiah 26:3-4 "People with their minds set on you, you keep completely whole, steady on their feet, because they keep at it and don't quit. Depend on God and keep at it because in the Lord God you have a sure thing." I am not sure what version of the Bible this is, but I loved it!
12. No matter where you are in life, you will have an impact on those you encounter, those you speak to and those you show kindness to.
13. Cuddling in bed with my kids has new meaning in life.
14. Having my husband physically by my side is the best calming medicine anyone could prescribe. Even better than Ativan.
15. I have the best in-laws in the world!
16. God hand selected the neighborhood we live in - filled with so many wonderful friends that care deeply about us.
17. I am so thankful for my friends - I am amazed by the love shown from friends in ages past and new friends.
18. I took my family (Mom, Dad and Sister) for granted in the past. Never again!
19. Is is so important to always say "I Love You" because you never know when it will be the last.
20. I never shared enough of myself with others. I have more to give to others than I thought I did. From now on, it is my commitment to share this journey with each and everyone of you.
21. Prayer is powerful! And when I am just tired of praying, it is comforting to know that there are others taking over for me.